See These 10 Email Marketing Best Practices
Email marketing can be quite a tricky business, and what's acceptable is subject to change over time, so it's a good idea to revisit email marketing best practices on a regular basis. What works best is affected by other aspects and technology changes, so if we want to get the best results we need to keep current.
Here are what we consider ten best practices for email marketing right now
- Use short, attention grabbing subject lines - Avoid spam words, and be sure you are being bold without straying off into untruth. Tell them what to look for.
- Optimize your emails for mobile - Since now as much as 67 percent of all emails are being viewed on a mobile device, if you're not doing this you are losing ground.
- Personalize the "From" line - Using an impersonal return address such as firstname.lastname@example.org will more than likely get trashed.
- Utilize several calls to action - If you really want the click, sell it, and make sure you have one of these above the fold.
- Make the body text brief and to the point - No one is planning on reading a thousand word email, so don't be that guy! Say what you need to say, using bullet points if you have several points, and ask them to click elsewhere for more.
- Include videos and pictures - Visual content is all the rage these days, and there is a lot of evidence that it converts much better than mere text.
- Benefits over features - No one wants to know the specific features of your gizmo or service; they want to know how it will make their life easier, and how fast!
- Don't send too little or too much - This is one you need to test, as all audiences are a bit different, but rest assured that once a month is too little, and a dozen times a week is excessive.
- Social sharing is a must - Make sure your emails are able to be shared socially, as this can increase their reach many times over.
- Create compelling content - Delivering valuable, timely content your readers can use will do you more good than almost any other of these best practices. Become somebody they want to hear from, and you're halfway home.
Do you want more (good) online reviews for your Auto Body Shop?