Be Trustworthy & TransparentThe number one thing you can do to cater to every car-owner who comes across your business, either in person or online, is to be trustworthy. The best way to build trust is to be honest and transparent about everything, including pricing and sharing vehicle safety and repair information.
Be Welcoming & ConsiderateThink of your clients and their experience with you.
- Hire female mechanics, LGBTQ mechanics, and mechanics of color.
- Explain exactly what the repairs will entail and what they’ll cost.
- Answer questions thoroughly.
- All staff should be kind, considerate, and courteous to all customers.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for clients to wait.
- Keep clean and well stocked bathrooms.
- Consider safety and entertainment for children.
- Offer courtesy rides.
- Offer resources and information about car care, like the Jessican YouTube channel.
Offer Testimonials OnlineAsk your clients for testimonials and post them online. You can have a tablet in the waiting area or email a link to collect testimonials on your website or Google. Building social proof of great service is one of the best ways to build an honest relationship with potential clients.
Get CertifiedAskPatty.com offers a Female Friendly Certification to auto-repair businesses in the U.S. and Canada. All certified shops have gone through training to recognize and address the needs of female customers. The Ask Patty badge on your website can go a long way in building trust with female drivers.
Host Women-Only EventsMake women feel supported and welcome by hosting events that bring them into your business. Consider a ladies car-care clinic or even a breast cancer awareness event. Remember that the key to being a female friendly auto repair business is building trust and relationships. Have Integrity Always always always follow through with your promises. If you say you’re going to do something, do it!
Do you want more (good) online reviews for your Auto Body Shop?