Why Won't Your Customers Open Your Email?
Improving the email open rates of your existing list is pretty high in the list of how you can boost your bottom line easily. It's much easier to market to someone that has done business with you rather than gain a new customer, and requires not nearly as much work as you may think. With an industry average of around 27.4 percent, it's important have an understanding of your open rates, and just how you can improve upon them.
So without any further fanfare, here's our down and dirty 10 best tips for improving your email open rates.
- Write something you would read - Creating terrific content is hands down the best way to get your email opened and read.
- Length & timing - We're all very busy, and lengthy emails that ramble and fail to get to the point are hardly ever looked forward to. By the same token, not making use of optimum sending times doesn't help.
- Build great subject lines - This is the biggest factor in whether or not your email gets opened. Take time to write great subject lines.
- Make good use of your first line - Much like the preceding, the first line of your email, often filled with something like, "If you don't see any images in this message" is visible in their inbox. And this also is valuable space, and don't waste it!
- Give them what they need! - Make sure you make an effort to provide solutions.
- Offer great deals and savings - Everyone likes to save a little and your email is a fantastic platform to pass on any deals or specials your business is offering.
- Be the authority - We always have something to learn, and if you can position yourself as someone who offers something helpful for your readers, your open rates will flourish.
- Try and be entertaining - Don't be boring! Use humor, wit, and a bit of controversy every now and then, but you should never offend as well.
- Make your "From" line recognizable - Having your company name or the person who is branded as the sender imparts trust.
- Be sure and resend your unopened email - Super easy to do, resending your unopened email is a simple way to boost your open rates.