15 Awesome Social Media Tips for Beginners
Everyone has to start somewhere, and social media is just too big an ocean of people not to dip your feet into. Instead of allowing yourself to feel overwhelmed, have a look at these 15 social media tips here and see if they don't help you to get out of the starting gate and on the right path to a lively, effective social media presence.
15 Social Media Tips for Beginners!
1. Use imagery in your posts - Studies show that people respond a lot more often to visual media these days.
2. Post regularly - Logging in and posting every once in a while is just not going to cut it.
3. Engage your visitors - Spend some time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This will help you connect with your target audience, and get them further along the road to knowing, liking and trusting you.
4. Don't oversell - (Notice I didn't say "Don't sell".) Pushing too hard to sell your products and services is a huge turn-off in social media.
5. Be hashtag responsible - Guard against overusing hashtags. While they are useful for increasing user engagement, don't go nuts here.
6. Stay relevant - Straying too far off topic from your audience's interests never ends well. If you have something else to share, find the appropriate forum.
7. Avoid confrontation - Don't respond negatively to bad feedback. Respond and stay professional, and keep your head above the fray.
8. Brevity is key - Try not to post overly long messages. People will get bored with you by the time they reach the end.
9. Respond to comments - Whatever you do don't disable comments. Instead engage here and show them how much you value their contribution.
10. Stay consistent - Use scheduling tools to post when you can't. Tools like Hootsuite, Buffer and others make this easy.
11. Post videos - People love them and it makes your content more shareable.
12. Focus on a few channels - Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or Pinterest, pick a few and be active. While it can be a full time job to do most of them effectively, do the ones you've committed to with gusto.
13. Mix it up - Post diverse types of content so as to keep things interesting. Post, videos, memes, product reviews, testimonials and more.
14. Be generous - Everyone likes a deal, and offering them to your social audience is a terrific way to gain trust and shares.
15. Have fun - While you want to stay professional, no one likes boring.
Are you ready to take your Auto Body Shop to the next level?