Free Webinars and YouTube Videos Using Google Hangouts!
Google is famous for coming up with new programs and then ditching them if they don't work out. Anyone remember Google Wave, Google Buzz and now Google Reader? Even though many have predicted much the same fate for Google , an addition to this may just save the day. Google Hangouts is Google's latest addition, and one that truly has lots of usefulness. (Especially for marketers!)
Google Hangouts - The Short Version
A super easy tool for teleconferencing that could replace or augment your existing webinar or online seminar solutions. Connected to your Google account, a hangout is a breeze to launch, and has a number of attractive features for marketers. You and up to ten other participants, as well as any number of other viewers can watch your hangout live. It can be broadcast from your Google page, YouTube channel, or a page on your site. Google records the Hangout, and then a few minutes after you're done, delivers a YouTube URL to you, which you are able to then use in many ways.
Marketing with Google Hangouts
There are oodles of ways to integrate Google Hangouts into your marketing. Here are 10 ways people are using successfully.
- Webinars - A free alternative to expensive webinar systems such as GoToWebinar.
- Conferences - Easy to setup teleconferencing makes a Hangout a no-brainer for sharing a conference experience.
- Meetings - Hold virtual meetings in an informal, yet immediate venue.
- Product Launches - An innovative way to create positive buzz on launch day. (Or before!)
- Interviews - Interviewing people made easy with Hangouts! Recorded, and transcribed.
- Product Demos - Show off your products in a Hangout.
- Virtual Press Conference - Share newsworthy items via Hangouts.
- Live Streaming Events - Many marketers are now using Google Hangouts as their own live TV station, broadcasting weekly shows.
- Q & A with Customers - Find out what your customers want and need easily. Great trust builder!
- Podcast from your Hangout - Making a Podcast to share through iTunes is yet another way to share your content.
If you're not using Google Hangouts as an element in your marketing mix, you're totally missing out on a great opportunity to engage with your audience in a more intimate, immediate way.