How to Write Killer Headlines That Get The Click
The simple fact of the matter is that headlines really do matter. They are the first and oftentimes only chance to hook your reader into what you are trying to say, and in many cases, sorry to say, great content gets unread merely because the writer wasn't able to convey quickly and compellingly what was to follow. Since we use headlines in the form of blog posts, adds, products, sales pages, videos plus more, it's crucial that we learn what we're doing when it comes to writing headlines.
7 Ways for you to write more effective headlines today
- Use numbers and lists - People love to get useful posts and emails listing valuable and useful information they need. Furthermore if this list is a numbered list, you'll be blown away at how much better attention you'll get.
- Feel their pain - Being able to empathize you're your reader places you in a position of authority, your reader will be more inclined to trust you, and thus be receptive to any remedies for their problems you might have.
- Be controversial; break the rules! - Don't be afraid to share your opinions in a bold, audacious way. Nobody wants to read another milquetoast post anyhow!
- Don't be afraid to ask questions - These questions are very often the same ones they are asking, and you can be the one to deliver a solution.
- Keep your headline under 55 characters - This is so that not only will your entire headline show in Google search results, but also in the email subject line without being shortened.
- Test your copy - As with most anything you write for the masses, for the best response you'll want to test your headlines for effect. In some cases one word can make a huge difference in an email open rate, which can in turn directly affect your income.
- Be sure to give value - Don't write mundane or fluff headlines. Promise and deliver a value packed piece of content. Don't promise something you aren't going to deliver, but also don't be afraid to tout it.
Remember that the goal of your headlines is always to get the reader to the next step, whether that is reading the post, opening an email or clicking on your ad!
Are you ready to take your Auto Body Shop to the next level?