Why Microcontent Matters!
Due to the fact we have so many different avenues for marketing online these days, it's become increasingly necessary to have the ability to tie these all together, and one way that is happening now is through the use of microcontent. While there is and will likely always be a place for long-form content, the growth of short sharable and more importantly actionable pieces of content is on the rise. In fact, odds are you're probably already using it to some extent.
We are defining microcontent as a short content piece, usually directed at one particular topic and extremely limited in scope. A great example is virtually any social media posting. One good reason why microcontent is getting more and more focus today is the global shift to mobile devices. It's just not anyone's notion of a great time to need to read large blocks of text on a mobile device. Mobile content is consequently shorter, snappier, and often includes images or videos. With predictions of about 80 percent of all traffic being viewed on a mobile device within the next few years, it's time to make a plan for microcontent!
Some tips for using microcontent in your business!
- One way you may already be using microcontent is for posting status updates on Facebook leading back to your blog.
- Make an image or meme with a quote from your post and post it to the photo sharing sites like Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr.
- Use Vine or Instagram to make a short (in the case of Vine; 6 seconds!) pithy video and direct viewers to your page.
- Create copy that your readers can easily retweet!
- Incorporate calls to action within your microcontent. Click here to learn more, etc.
- Curating bits of content your readers may find useful from other sites will do many things for you. It helps establish your authority, satisfies your audience, and is super easy to carry out.
Be consistent in your microcontent strategy. A frequent digest of tips and tricks for your market is something that can get shared far and wide. Make copious use of images and videos; for this is what people wish to see, particularly in the short form!
Remember, the very best use of microcontent is to make it sharable, and to have it lead to a destination of your choosing!
Do you want more (good) online reviews for your Auto Body Shop?