How to Get the Most from Your Google+ Pages
It has taken a while for Google+ to gain its footing, now that is has, watch out! The number of registered monthly users has grown into a not so insignificant 540 million, and the +1 button is being clicked more than 5 billion times a day! With all this action, it's time to take a good look at how you can utilize this for your small business.
Seeing as how Google is much more likely to rank its own properties well, (see YouTube) finding the time and care to optimize your Google+ pages can pay off handsomely in numerous ways. Let's check out just how you would go about that!
Getting the most from your Google+ Page
Check out these 5 ways you can use your Google+ page for better search results and direct traffic.
- Complete your Google+ Profile - Making sure that you fill in all the fields in your Google+ profiler goes a long way toward helping your Page become found in search as well as in Google+. Make it an exercise in promoting your business in the most positive way.
- Utilize a Google+ Page - Not only will this aid in helping you get found in search, the targeted messaging features combined with the opportunities to brand yourself and your business are vital.
- Make use of the Google +1 button - Getting your readers into the habit of clicking this leads to more visitors, and a far greater reach than you could produce on your own. This gooses search rankings and your authorship.
- Optimize your Title and URLs - Make sure to use the form in your title tag: Your Site Name - Google+. This will help in the search results. Also, the conventional (old) Google+ URL looked something like this: https://plus.google.com/1234567892022332. Instead, opt to use the new URL, which will append your company name instead of the numbers.
- Take advantage of the links! - Links in your introduction and also links to other websites are dofollow. Use this!
A well-done Google+ page can bring your site authority, along with abundant direct traffic. If you haven't yet done this, it's high time to include Google+ in your marketing strategy!