Do Your Marketing Emails Look Terrible on Mobile Devices? That’s a Problem
It’s hard enough to ensure your email marketing messages get through without making the job all the more tedious. Making certain you are optimizing your marketing emails can be the difference in success or failure with your campaigns, particularly as mobile email open rates are growing rapidly.
Mobile email opens are exploding!
Mobile email has become the most opened email, exceeding desktop with a robust 36 percent, according to Knotice.com. Combine that with the reality that email is the preferred online communication mode of 74 percent of all adults, and you begin to see why it's so important. It's not just phones either. Tablets are starting to take a major share as well, as ReturnPath reports that iPhones account for 59 percent, iPads 26 percent, Androids 14 percent and Windows phones bringing up the rear at less than 1 percent.
Some tips for optimizing your marketing emails
So not to leave you without a plan for perfecting your marketing emails, here are a few workable tips that will help ensure your marketing messages appear the way you want them to!
- If you would like your emails read, especially on a mobile device, make them short and sweet. Make interesting and enticing headlines and content that keep the reader hooked, as it’s ever so easy to delete an email from a mobile device!
- Keep image files small, as large files take far longer to load, you don’t want people leaving before they even get a chance to see what you’ve got!
- Keep your font sizes inside your main content a minimum of 14, and headlines around 30. Anything under 13 will get automatically changed by the iPhone, and could mess up your formatting.
- Make sure any calls to action are adequately sized for easy tapping. The typical adult fingertip measures around 45 pixels, so bear that in mind.
- Test your emails on several platforms before sending them out. Better safe than sorry!
Optimizing your emails for mobile isn’t something you should get to when you're able to – it's something you want to do today! You can be sure your competition is!