Now that Content is King, Let's Expand the Kingdom!
Since the King (content) is now back on the throne, we should explore ways we can enlarge that kingdom! One strategy that is very effective but seldom brought up is content syndication. This is the practice of sharing your content at various places online for mass consumption.
First off, the authority, traffic and backlinks derived from this type of marketing can be profound. Add the social media aspects of these sites, and your own efforts with letting your own social channels know about postings, and you have got the recipe for a flood of reward.
5 Awesome tips for syndicating your content!
- Paid content syndication - Sites like Outbrain and Taboola, while paid solutions, help get your content viewed on sites like Time, The Washington Post and CNN, among others. They are self-serve platforms that are available for the smaller marketer.
- Blogs within your industry - A free method that you can use is searching out blogs relevant to your market and offering your content to them. A great number of sites are too busy to keep up with their own content needs and are actively seeking quality content.
- Document sharing sites - Another no-brainer for content syndication is placing content in the various document sharing sites like Slideshare, Scribd, DocStoc and others. These sites are highly trafficked, and if your content offers quality you'll get a ton of views and backlinks when they are shared and downloaded. Simple to do, and there's no approval process.
- Get on the content aggregators - Debatably some of the biggest sites in the world fall into this category, sites like Mashable, TechCrunch, and The Huffington Post. Although you may not get syndicated on these right away, you will get access to other Web heavyweights like AllTop and 9Rules.
- Plunder the blogging networks - Last but not least, submit your posts to blog networks like BlogEngage and Bloggersbase. They get many visitors, and you can boost your visibility even further here.
Do you want more (good) online reviews for your Auto Body Shop?