Mobile's Time is Now
When the bare fact is that more than 75 percent of us can't part ways with our smartphone to visit the bathroom, it's time to grasp we are indeed a mobile-obsessed generation. It has so intricately woven itself into our everyday lives that most of us can't remember a time when it wasn't so.
What does this mean for marketers and businesses? It signifies that mobile is no longer coming, it's here. Here are 5 observations that are going on now, and how you can benefit from mobile today.
5 Pieces of evidence that mobile marketing has arrived
- Google loves it - One of the more startling statistics we've seen is that greater than 65 percent of ALL searches begin with mobile. Given that is the starting point, it makes sense to make sure your business has a mobile presence, and the ability to capitalize on it.
- We already own lots of mobile devices - Does it surprise you to learn that the average person owns 3.1 mobile devices, and carries most of them around at all times? 85 percent of us carry a smartphone, another 65 percent a laptop, 48 percent tablets and 40 percent mp3 players. And all or most of these are connected to the internet continuously.
- Small business is still clueless with regards to marketing on mobile - Most businesses know they must do something with mobile, but are not sure exactly what that is. They might even have made a mobile version of their website, but they're not optimized for mobile there or in their emails. This comes as no great surprise when you see that 33 percent of businesses spend less than an hour a week on mobile marketing.
- Use Responsive design - Responsive design is a must when it comes to marketing with your mobile devices. Ensuring that you present well on the smaller screens while still keeping the vitality and intent of your campaigns is vital.
- Mobile simply gets more conversions - More than 90 percent of consumer's comparison shop using mobile, and a full 70 percent of mobile searches produce an action with an hour. That's the best reason yet to make sure you're up to speed when it comes to mobile marketing.