5 Tips to Help with Your Small Business Mobile Marketing
The day has passed when it was appropriate to believe that mobile marketing was merely the next big thing. It's not just here; it's growing daily. A survey by the Web.com group tells us that 69 percent of small business owners said that mobile marketing is going to be very important to their small business in the next five years; however, the majority of them had not even begun to start. The same statistics reveal that 84 percent of those that had a mobile marketing solution reported an increase as a result. It's very clear that we've run out of excuses for not implementing mobile marketing in our small businesses.
5 Tips on how to get mobile marketing active in your small business
- Mobilize your website and social media pages - Making sure that your website and any significant social media pages, such as your Facebook business page, are optimized for mobile is crucial. Understand that mobile versions of your content have to be Spartan in size, images smaller, and textual content more brief and concise, so as not to lose the busy mobile browser.
- Be sure to claim and optimize local listings - It's not enough to only have a listing on entities like Google local, Yelp or other local directories, you need to make those listings work for you! Keep your info up to date, and change frequently with new promotions and news.
- Optimize your email - One that frequently goes brushed aside, optimizing your email for mobile devices is critical as well. eConsultancy tells us that 41 percent of email is now opened on a smartphone or tablet, and of that group, 63 percent close or delete any emails that aren't mobile optimized. Strive to use one-column layouts, font size of 14, and line spacing to 1.5 for small-screen readability.
- Employ analytics - How do you know if your mobile marketing is working? With the use of an analytics program, like Google Analytics. Utilizing the segmenting and referral tracking within Analytics, where you can follow smartphone and tablet visitors and analyze their onsite behavior, you can determine how you're campaigns are performing.
- Offer great deals - All of us love to get a deal, and there's no one who is more active in this arena than the mobile user. The great thing is that they are frequently right down the street from you, and ready to buy. Offering awesome offers and coupons just might make them pay a visit they otherwise wouldn't have!
Are you ready to take your Auto Body Shop to the next level?