5 Marketing Strategies Big Business Doesn't Want Small Business to Know About
Local mobile marketing is a virtual goldmine!
However, given the marketing activities of many small businesses, you'd never know this.
The age of the smart phone has arrived but local business owners are still in the dark ages. They're playing catch up with their clients and their behavior. An interesting Web.com survey showed of 500 small business owners showed on 26 percent of respondents invested time and money in optimizing their site for mobile devices! Exactly what does this mean for small business owners? It means this is a great time to stand out from the crowd. The mobile customers are ripe for the picking and you are in perfect position to reap the rewards!
More than half of all searches are being done on a mobile device and you being a small business owner can take advantage of that. Even a small business on a budget can make use of these five ways to market to mobile users.
- Mobile Optimized Site – Ensuring that the site is optimized properly for mobile is step one, and without it almost everything else doesn’t matter. Make sure it is designed with mobile in mind, and is available on all platforms. According to market research from Google, 61 percent of consumers will leave a website if it’s not optimized for mobile.
- Get into Mobile Ads – As surprising as it might seem, mobile ad platforms can be cheap and effective. Also, there is lots of inventory going unsold each month, keeping prices down. Now is the time to explore mobile ads.
- SMS and Push Notifications – SMS messages have several advantages. First and foremost; they get opened. A lot. According to Frost and Sullivan, SMS messages offer an astounding 95 percent open rate! Push notifications are also a terrific way to connect with your client base.
- Combining Mobile and Your Social Media – Nothing says social media like real-time connections with your customer base. This is the latest trend and even the smallest of companies can get in on the craze by combining their social media site with a mobile devices. Combine specials, events, coupons or just link a YouTube video to create buzz. Then Tweets and traffic will soon start coming your way. Next thing you know your site's search engine ranking will begin climbing and so will your Google . But the best part is, you'll be connecting with your customer base in a real-time way and they'll provide you with valuable feedback.
- Location Based Marketing and Passbook – Be sure you’re able to be found with the various location based mobile services like Foursquare and Yelp, as well as look into new technology like Passbook, a terrific new app that permits users to store coupons, boarding passes, gift cards, event tickets, store cards, along with other types of mobile payment.
Using mobile marketing in local business doesn’t have to be either complicated or pricey. The secret is to accumulate knowledge first, and add pieces as you go.
Are you ready to take your Auto Body Shop to the next level?