Did you know that mobile Internet usage is set to overtake desktop internet usage within the next few years, and that having a mobile website improves your chances of getting found online?
Improvements in wireless technology networks and the lowering prices of smart phones will continue to make surfing the web while “on the run” more convenient.
Mobile searches increased tremendously in 2011. In fact, studies show that most mobile users will do a mobile search to follow up on advertising seen in the mainstream media.
Not only that, but it is now common practice for consumers to use their mobile devices to find local products and services. The key to attracting these customers is to have a mobile-optimized website so that they can find you.
In other words, if you have a mobile website with a good search engine ranking, your mobile website traffic will ultimately turn into more customers and more sales.
As more and more people start to use mobile devices to find local products and services, businesses with a mobile website will experience the greatest benefits and beat out their competitors.
Here are a few pointers to help you understand how a mobile website operates.
• Traditional websites are not meant to be viewed on mobile devices. In fact, when mobile users come across websites that are not mobile-optimized, they leave frustrated.
• Mobile websites must have a minimalistic design due to the size limitations imposed on them by the mobile devices.
• Mobile website content should be laid out vertically so that it is simple to read without having to compress or adjust the viewing page.
• In order to provide a positive mobile user experience, it is important to include header or footer buttons on mobile websites so visitors can easily click on them to get the information they need.
• Because of the smaller screen size, mobile content has to be prioritized. The information that a “mobile user” would likely be looking for should be prominently featured. Mobile websites target customers on the run. So the business phone number and location should definitely appear on the home page.
Creating a mobile-friendly website for your mobile audience will likely result in more traffic to your location as well as increased profits.
Be sure to contact us if you want to get a mobile website for your business, we can have you LIVE in under a week!