How to Use Facebook Ads to Gather Leads and Sales
Facebook ads are among the fastest, easiest and most effective do-it-yourself platforms for obtaining traffic to your offers, building prospect lists, and for practically any other purpose imaginable for your website. Ad campaigns are extremely simple to set up, include excellent targeting tools, and can be online within minutes. There is one factor to fully grasp, however, when it comes to receiving the best results and return on investment: That is finding the most effective images available. It has been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s take a look at some useful tips for obtaining the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Awesome Tips for Facebook Ad Images
Creating an ad that produces a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Listed below are five ways to do just that!
- Use very high quality stock images – As your images are going to end up very small, make sure you’re purchasing from a reputable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our most favorite. The XS size of available images is going to be fine, as even these will be cut down to the size of a postage stamp (110x80 pixels).
- Crop your photos to deliver maximum impact – Crop your photos closely to focus on the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, be sure that your model’s eyes have life. When utilizing product images, get close!
- Employ eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting images will do wonders for your clickthrough rates. A lot of people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and thereby consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose attractive images – Unless you are going for a certain statement, choose the most attractive photos you can find. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This is not to say that sometimes beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Employ humor if you can – Everyone enjoys a good laugh. If you have the chance to inject a giggle into your ad, don’t pass it up! It will definitely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some really good illustrations of these imagery principles working, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.