Current Best Practices When It Comes to Creating a Freebie for Giveaway
These days it's not enough any more to have people to opt-in to your email list merely by virtue of your invitation. You have to be able to give them something of value as an enticement to sign up if you want to reach good numbers.
What a lot of people do, unknowingly to their detriment, is to give someone a rehashed, PLR (private label rights) ebook and believe that will do the trick.
The problem with this though is that not only is this content not unique to your business, it's likely outdated information, and almost certainly not the prime focus of your business. So let's take a look at how you can create a freebie that's of real value not only to you, but the person who you're asking to opt-in.
5 Ways to create unique freebie that gets the opt-in
- Make a video - We live in a video age, and using this medium has many advantages for you. First of all, it is a excellent introduction to you and your business, can be specifically targeted to the audience you wish to attract, and is imminently sharable.
- Create a Podcast - A lot of people have gotten into the practice of listening to podcasts as they drive, walk or other activity not suited to viewing. Moreover, it is very easy to do, and extremely portable.
- Make a short report or Ebook - Not ALL ebooks are bad; only the ones not unique or specific to your audience and business. However create something original, valuable and timely and you'll receive the opt-in and a bunch of shares to boot!
- Create an E-Course - If you are able to package together enough content to deliver a mini e-course, you'll be able to presell your audience further down your marketing funnel easily.
- Hold a Webinar - One of the best ways to get a boatload of opt-ins today is by conducting a content based webinar. This, like a video, introduces you and your business, but presells them and gets the opt-in by virtue of the webinar platform. Win-win all around!
Are you ready to take your Auto Body Shop to the next level?