5 Easy Ways to Spruce Up Your Site
Just like your home, your business website also requires an annual spring-cleaning. It’s easy to let things slip, and the results of that could be a decline in traffic, reputation and consequently sales. This can be a rather insidious way to lose traction with your site, as you don’t necessarily see it occurring. But it’s very real, and will have very real results.
Here are 5 simple things to attend to which will make a huge difference in the way your sites appear, operate and prosper.
- How fast do your pages load? – You have less than 10 seconds to load your page or most people will exit and go somewhere else. Some causes of slow loading pages are too many images, pages built mostly with Flash, and errors in your site code. This really is something you want to check on, as Google will punish your site in the search rankings if your pages take too long to load.
- Defunct products, programs, and links – Make sure and remove old products, programs and particularly links that are no longer pertinent. Nothing frustrates a user more than going somewhere and finding they can’t get there or the item is unavailable. Dead links and 404 pages will even affect your search rankings, too.
- Stale content and old images – Likewise cull out text and images that are no longer topical. All those great pictures from 2007 which feature people no longer working with you can probably be archived, don’t you think? People and search engines are usually after fresh, current content!
- Refresh your social media – Make sure that your social media buttons not only link to your current social media sites, but that you are up to date with them.
- Fresh content – Nothing will help as much as fresh, updated content, in the form of posts, videos, audios, and images. If you have posts on the first page of your blog that are over the age of a month, you might want to rethink your content strategy.
Break out your virtual broom and start sweeping. Your visitors will thank you!
Are you ready to take your Auto Body Shop to the next level?