An E-Newsletter – Your own inbox magazine!
To a lot of people, the e-newsletter may seem like a relic of a bygone era, a time when we used painfully slow dial-up Internet services like AOL and “surfed” the net using Netscape. Despite being a little long in the tooth (in Internet years), the e-newsletter is still an exceptionally powerful marketing tool that your business shouldn’t ignore. E-newsletters remain an outstanding medium for engaging customers, building authority and driving sales. The Direct Marketing Association tells us that every $1 spent on email marketing creates $40 in revenue. Aweber informs us that 77 percent of small business owners report that email helps them increase revenue.
Your e-newsletter doesn’t have to be boring!
You may have subscribed to an e-newsletter in the past and been decidedly unimpressed. Been there, done that! However, your e-newsletter doesn’t have to be has as bland and un-sexy as those. Here are some eye-catching examples of E-newsletters that rock! What’s more, every major email autoresponder service has a wonderful array of newsletter templates, if you are afraid or unable to design your own. Be sure to engage your readers by resonating with what interests them. Kayak, for example, isn’t simply attempting to tell you about the latest, greatest travel deals, but goes out of their way to sell the idea of travel.
Quick tips for an engaging e-newsletter
Here are some tips for creating an e-newsletter that gets opened and acted upon!
- Speak as if to a friend – Everyone likes to hear from a trusted friend!
- Encourage communication – Give them every chance to respond and specifically request it!
- Be specific and don’t ramble – Stay on topic, and don’t be boring!
- Offer useful content – Above all else, offer content that’s fresh, useful and that resonates with your list.
- Don’t hesitate to use emotion – Writing with emotion is powerful and is very likely to stir others as well, promoting more engagement.
Don’t permit this golden opportunity to reach your list in a more substantive way slip by. Create an e-newsletter today!